Greetings Greenthumbs! I'm Kathryn Hogan, and I'm here to tell you about my adventures in permaculture.

If you'd like to know more about me, check out my website! www.kathrynhogan.ca


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Shade Garden Is Planted!

The beautiful shade garden, with the hostas in front.
My shade garden is all planted! I can't wait for yummy fiddleheads, currants, nannyberries... mmmm.

There are three 'producers' in this two-tiered garden. The ferns will produce yummy fiddleheads in spring while the currant and nannyberry produce berries in the fall.

Everybody else is there either as ground covers (the periwinkle vine and hostas), as insect attractors (meadow rue, periwinkle, jack frost, bleeding heart all have blossoms at different times), as mulch providers (the hostas, because of their big leaves)... and of course, all of these plants are truly beautiful!

Close up meadow rue blossom: what a beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment