Greetings Greenthumbs! I'm Kathryn Hogan, and I'm here to tell you about my adventures in permaculture.

If you'd like to know more about me, check out my website! www.kathrynhogan.ca


Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Dare You

It's spring time. The Earth is becoming fertile, the sun virile, and soon the million births of summer will be upon us.

As this new season of growth unfurls, I feel inspired to do a bit of growing myself. The sweet smells of spring are enticing me to connect with the world in a more profound way, and I want to share this journey with you!

I dare you to find a wild edible plant that you've never eaten before, and then eat it. Make sure that you properly identify it, first! My recommendation, if you live in a city and there aren't that many wild edibles around, would be dandelions. As the season goes on, Pineapple Weed will be popping up in sidewalk cracks and makes a very lovely, chamomile like tea. If you are getting this plants from the city, be sure to wash them very thoroughly as it's likely that they've been sprayed.

If you are feeling particularly proud of your efforts, then post your experience in the comments section! Put up a picture! I'll do the same :)

Let's partake of nature's bounty! Hurray!

If you get stuck, check out this helpful list of common wild edible plants in Alberta.

And here are seven delicious recipes for dandelions!

No comments:

Post a Comment